A simple and delicious recipe to enjoy any day of the week.
1 cup rice
2 cups chicken broth
3 poblano chiles: roasted, peeled, clean, seeds removed
1/4 onion, finely chopped
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 tbsp butter
Salt and pepper
- Finely chop one poblano chile and set aside.
- In the blender, put 2 remaining chiles, cilantro, salt and pepper with the 2 cups of chicken broth
- In a hot skillet put two tbsp of oil, add the cup of rice, onion and garlic. Stir constantly until you have golden rice. Add a tablespoon of butter and add the poblano mix.
- Add the chopped poblano pepper and corn. When it reaches the boiling point, lower the temperature and cover the skillet.
- Let cook for 10 to 15 minutes. Add one more tablespoon of butter and mix with a fork to fluff the rice.
- Serve hot – you can serve as a side dish with anything you like.