Peach Chicken is a fast, fresh, and family-friendly meal to take advantage of your weekly produce.
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil, divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 tsp minced fresh rosemary
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 3 medium ripe peaches, pitted and chopped (peeled) 2 cups
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of the oil to the pan and swirl it around to coat.
- Sprinkle the chicken with ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper. Add the chicken to the pan; cook for about 7 minutes per side, or until cooked through and golden brown.The meat should reach an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet; set aside on a plate. Cover with foil to keep warm.
- Do not clean out the skillet, but add another 1 ½ teaspoons of oil. Add the onion and rosemary; cook for 1 minute or until lightly golden, scraping up the bits from the bottom of the skillet as you stir.
- Add the brown sugar, vinegar, mustard, ¼ teaspoon salt, and the chopped peaches; cook for 10-12 minutes, or until the peaches are soft.
- Return the chicken to the skillet; heat just until warm, spooning the sauce over the meat.