Simple, inexpensive, and delicious for this Lent season! Serve hot.
You can even add some bananas which give it an amazing sweetness!
6 Roma tomatoes
1 LB. Lentils
2 tablespoons Olive Oil
Chicken Bouillon Seasoning
Salt to Taste
- Blend the tomatoes with the onion and set aside.
- In a large pot, cook the lentils with enough water to cover
- In a medium hot pot, heat the olive oil and put the tomatoes and liquefied onion. Add tomato puree and season with chicken bouillon.
- Once the lentils are cooked, add them to the tomato broth.
- Let it boil, add chicken broth and taste for seasoning.
- If you prefer you can grind some lentils to improve the texture of the soup.