The Traditional “Caldo Tlalpeño” always tastes delicious when you cook it yourself. Shop all the ingredients at El Super and make it at home today.
2 bone-in chicken breasts
1/4 white onion
1 garlic head
1 cup cilantro
Cubed Muenster cheese
Bouillon for broth
- Boil the chicken in 3 liters of water with a quarter of onion, half a head of garlic and bouillon.
- Cut the tortillas and brown them in oil. Set aside.
- Cut the tomato into pieces.
- When the chicken is ready, remove it from the broth and shred.
- In another pot, fry with a little oil the tomato, and garlic, season with salt and pepper.
- When the tomato is practically pureed, blend with the chipotle and a little more water.
- Strain the broth and sauce to add them together in a pot. Add the cilantro and when it gets to boiling point, remove.
- 8. To serve, we put in a soup bowl: shredded chicken, tortillas, cheese, avocado and top everything off with the broth.