The traditional Sub Sandwich is a just delicious. Make one today and enjoy it anywhere!
For the Sub
- 16ounce Italian loaf of bread
- 1/2pound medium sliced deli provolone cheese
- 1/2pound thinly sliced deli ham
- 1/4pound thinly sliced deli turkey
- 1/4pound thinly sliced deli Genoa salami
- 6thinly sliced deli pepperoni
- 1 thinly sliced tomato
For the Grinder Salad
- 1cup mayonnaise
- 2tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2cloves garlic , minced
- 1/2teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/2teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/4teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4cup sliced pepperoncini
- 1/4medium red onion , thinly sliced
- 1head iceberg lettuce , shredded
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cut the bread in half and place it on a sheet tray cut side up. Remove most of the inside of the bread leaving about 1/2-inch of the bread. Add half of the provolone to each side. Place in the oven until melted, about 5 minutes.
- While the sub is baking, make the grinder salad.
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, vinegar, garlic, pepper, oregano, chili flakes, and salt until combined.
Add the pepperoncini and red onion, and stir around in the dressing until coated.
Add the lettuce, and using tongs toss it in the dressing to coat. Set aside.
4. Layer the ham and turkey over one half of the sub, and layer the pepperoni and salami on the other side. And Add tomato slices.
- Add some of the grinder salad.
- Add the top half of the sandwich over the bottom half.
- Cut into wedges and serve with more of the grinder salad on the side with chips for dipping!