Simmered to Perfection: A Hearty Chicken Broth Recipe to Warm Your Soul.
▢ 1 Lb. chicken pieces to your liking (breast, thighs, legs, wings).
▢ 8 cups of water
▢ 2 teaspoons salt
▢ ½ medium white onion
▢ 4 peeled garlic cloves
▢ 2 celery stalks, cut into pieces
▢ 3 sprigs of parsley
▢ 3 large carrots, cut into 3 pieces each
▢ 2 sprigs of cilantro
▢ 1 avocado cut into cubes.
▢ ½ white onion finely chopped
▢ 1 lime cut in sections
▢ 1 serrano or jalapeño chili bell pepper, chopped
▢ 2 sprigs of cilantro chopped.
- In a large pot, cook chicken with 8 cups of water and salt. Cook over medium high heat until it comes to a boil. Once it comes to a boil, foam will form on the surface; eliminate.
- After removing foam, add onion, garlic and celery and partially cover the pot. Lower the temperature and cook slowly for about 30 minutes.
- Add the carrots, parsley, and cilantro. If chicken is cooked and tender, transfer it to a separate bowl.
- Continue cooking the broth for 10 more minutes until the carrots are fully cooked.
- Shred or cut the chicken into small pieces. When the carrots are cooked, cut them into cubes.
- Strain the broth using a fine strainer. Return the broth to the pot where it was cooked; let it stand for 10 minutes and skim off the excess fat.
- Heat the broth over medium-low heat and season if it needs more salt. When ready to serve, add the shredded or diced chicken and chicken broth and garnish with avocado, onion, lime, chili and cilantro to your taste.