If you are looking to make delicious snacks for any occasion, we give some suggestions:
Botana Platter: Potatoes with Cheese, Tostaditas with Chicken and Golden Chicken Dobladas
- 6 to 8 flour tortillas
- 2 Chicken breasts (sliced in butterfly)
- 1 cup grated cheese to melt
- 1/2 cup oil (half for preparation and half for pan)
- 1 Red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 Green pepper, julienned
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 bunch parsley 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp salt 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Cut the breast in half, cut all vegetables (green pepper, red, onion, parsley) and mix everything together with all spices; add 1/2 cup of oil and mix perfectly.
- Heat a pan and add 2 tbsp. of oil.
- When it is very hot, add the breasts only and fry for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, once done remove from the pan and set aside (let it rest). In the same pan add the vegetables, once well browned add the can of chopped tomato and hydrate with a little water.
- While it is ready, slice the chicken very thinly. When your vegetable mix is ready, return the chicken to the pan and stir well.
- Soak the tortillas lightly in the chicken mixture with vegetables and move to a comal (cast iron pan).
- Assemble a “quesadilla” and put the chicken mixture, browning on both sides.