Tuna empanadas are a crowd pleaser, especially during Lent season.
Make a batch today with our delicious recipe.
2 Tuna cans, 12 oz each
2 Cloves of Garlic
3 tbsp. of Olive Oil
1 Parsley bunch
Chicken seasoning powder
Salt to taste
2 tbsp. sliced olives
12 Discs for empanadas
1 Egg yolk
- In a large pot heat water and place the 6 Roma tomatoes. When you notice that the skin comes off, remove them from the water, and peel them. Finely chop.
2. In a large pot, heat the olive oil and add the onion and finely chopped garlic. When translucent add the chopped parsley.
3. Let it fry for about 3 or 4 min and add the chopped tomatoes. Season with chicken seasoning.
4. Add the two cans of tuna and combine perfectly.
5. Add the chopped olives and taste, adjust seasoning.
6. Cook for 15 minutes until broth reduces.
7. Assemble the empanadas:
- Place a disc of empanada and in the center put 2 tablespoons of the tuna mixture.
- Close by pressing or “pinching” the edges.
- Varnish with the egg and place in the oven at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Check that it is cooked through, and empanadas are golden brown.