- 1 cup grape tomatoes, chopped
- 1 mango, diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 navel orange, segmented and diced (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1/8 cup chopped jalapeno (optional)
- 1 pound wild-caught peeled and deveined shrimp, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped (optional)
- In a large bowl, mix together the tomatoes, mango, orange, red onion, and jalapeño (if using).
- Stir in the shrimp and season with salt.
- Add the lime juice and toss.
- Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes. When the shrimp is done “cooking” in the lime juice, it should have an opaque color (more white or pinkish, instead of transparent).
- Just before serving, gently stir in the diced avocado and cilantro, if adding.